Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where did time go?

Wow - I can not believe that summer is almost over and it's been a while since my last post. Time has simply flew by me. I've had a very interesting summer! We hosted a fun surprise birthday party for Bill's mom - she turns 80 this fall and we really wanted to surprise her - so on July 3rd - over 50 of our friends and relatives joined us in our back yard. Mom was truly suprised and everyone had a marvelous time! Check out the pictures. I started a new job at Hope Network, continued working part-time at Stepping Stones Montessori School until they hired a new business manager and went to Dallas for a week of celebration and learning with Mary Kay.

This weekend my very best friend Vanessa came up from Ohio for a little R&R from her working and studying. We had a fantastic time shopping, eating, saw a movie and went to a theatre performance - what more could a girl ask for. One of our stops during shopping was Fustini's oils and vinegars in Holland, MI - I must say I was so supervised at how delicious flavored vinegars and oils can taste. I purchased their Asian Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar and can not wait to try it out - I will keep you posted on my results.


We also went to see the "The Marvelous Wonderettes" at the Mason Street Warehouse in Saugatuck, Michigan. If you have not visited the playhouse before - I highly recommend you put it on your list. I just discovered this fun theatre this summer - and am looking forward to seeing them again next year. They offered 4 different shows this past summer - I made it to the next to last one. Vanessa and I could not have been happier with the performance.

Well, time to get back in the groove - the heat seems to have finally broken - at least for today.

Enjoy the day!!

No comments: