Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bewitching Potatoes

I know, I know... mash potatoes are the standard for Thanksgiving, but sometimes a girl just want something else. And what better way to stir up a standard than with cheese and crunch.

This recipe was part of my Mom's recipes, and I've seen it in several variations. The recipe is known by different names - but what ever you call it - I think we can all agree it's delicious!

Potato Supreme

Topping:
1 cup cornflakes - crushed
1/4 cup melted butter

Base:
2 pounds hash browns - lightly thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 small onion - minced
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together base ingredients and turn into baking dish. Mixed together topping ingredients and spread over potato mixture. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Now, sit back and enjoy the smiles on everyone faces.

No comments: