Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Drum Roll Please

Can you smell Thanksgiving? Too bad they have not found a way to transfer smells via the internet...my home smells absolutely yummy. It just brings back so many wonderful memories of Thanksgiving gone by!

As I was saying in my last post...do not freak out when you see the cheese cloth turn dark...mine did within the first half hour. Do not pick up the cheese cloth to check your turkey either, you might pull on the skin. Have faith and keep basting through the cloth. Here is a picture of how mine looked like at the end of the cooking time. When you are getting towards the end, you can peek to see if the the temperature button has popped, just try not to disturb the cloth too much.

And here is my finished turkey. Is it not absolutely beautiful! I still get excited when I pull a turkey out of the oven.

Let it rest before you start carving it. It allows the juices to settle and will keep them in your bird so the turkey will stay moist.
Enjoy....and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: