Monday, March 8, 2010

Saturday with the Girls

We had a Saturday with the girls here in the Palczewski home, I hosted a Tupperware party on Saturday afternoon...about 10 ladies attended and we had a blast. Bill took off for the afternoon - not sure why he did not want to hang around with a house full of women...lol...or as he calls it...my hen party.

I tried my hand a pudding shots...I got the idea from my sister-in-law Kristin when she posted that she was making them for the Ohio State/U of M party last fall. I mixed 2 large chocolate pudding and French Vanilla Kahlua...the 2 puddings together called for 6 cups of milk, so I mixed 2 cups of Kahlua and 4 cups of milk -- they turned out a little soft (but tasty) -- so the next time I make them I think I will back off one of the cups of milk.

For a sweet treat I make these wonderful individual cheese cakes. I've had the recipe for I bet 20 years - always a crowd pleaser.

Cream Cheese Cakes
1 - 8 oz. soften cream cheese
6 Tablespoons sugar
1 egg

Cream together cheese, sugar and egg.

Put a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cup cake pan - lined with cup cake papers. Spoon the cream cheese mixture in to cover the cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. When cooled, spoon a bit of fruit pie filling (I like to use cherry - and put 2 cherries per cake) on top.

Will make 12 cakes.

Enjoy!

No comments: