Monday, May 3, 2010

Girls Night Number 2

What goes together better than food, movie and a bunch of girl friends? We celebrated a Girl's Night again this past weekend with my mom and sister-in-laws.

This time our movie was "The Blind Side" and since Sandra's Bullock's character and husband owned a bunch of Taco Bells - I decided to serve a "Taco Bar". This was one party that was a snap to put together! It was so easy to have soft and hard taco shells for people to choose from. I included bowls of seasoned ground beef, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. And I added a side of Nachos and Salsa a long with a nice Spanish Sangria. Knowing how much I have trouble eating tacos without dropping it all down my front (lol), I choose to make mine into a taco salad with Frito's tossed in for crunch.

For dessert I made Chocolate Quesadillas. They were a little warm, and we very quickly learned to let them sit for a couple of minutes before enjoying that chocolate gooey deliciousness...lol. I had one suggestion by one of my sister-in-laws was to make them into smores by adding marshmallow...hummmm - I just might have to experiment with that.

Chocolate Quesadilla

Ingredients:
Honey
ground cinnamon
semisweet chocolate chips
2 flour tortillas

Directions:
In a non-stick skillet (if you do not have a non-stick - use a regular skillet with non-stick spray) lay your first tortilla. Add a small handful of chocolate chips, drizzle a little honey and then dust with the cinnamon to taste. Top with the second tortilla. Press the top tortilla down until you feel the chocolate chips have melted.

Carefully flip over the two tortillas to warm the other side.

Move to a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.

Let cool briefly before serving. This would be fantastic served with a side of cinnamon ice cream.

No comments: