Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Salad for a Potluck

We are invited to a Birthday potluck this coming weekend. There is two issues I am looking at - one is that I am having vein surgery on my left leg on Friday (which means I will not be able to stand a great deal on Saturday to put something together) and the other is the fact that the party is about an hour drive from our home.

So, I need something I can put together easily/quickly and will travel well. I decided to go with a good stand by - a salad, but which salad.... After mulling my options over, I decided to look through my mom's old recipe box. I wanted to find something different and came across one that I remember my mom making many times - and many of those times was for a potluck. What luck! I hope all will enjoy it! Here it is - give it a try too and let me know what you thing.

Vegetable Salad
1 can french cut green beans - drained
1 can peas - drained
1 can white kernel corn - drained
1 small jar of pimentos
1 green pepper - chopped
1 cup celery - chopped
1 cup - green onions - chopped

Dressing:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
Boil together for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Mix all vegetables and cooled dressing together. Refrigerate over night.

Enjoy!

No comments: