Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snug as a Bug

Christmas Project number 2 - check!

Who hooo I've just finished Christmas project number 2 which is a jeans quilt for my 9 year old grandson.

Jason, my son, was sharing with me how his son Tyler is always trying to get to the afghan first (before his little sister and brother) to wrap in while watch TV. This gave me an idea to make Tyler his very own quilt. I've been saving jeans for a while - I originally was going to make a quilt for Jason when he was a boy - never did get it sewed - now it's for his son...I guess better late than never - lol.

Cutting squares out of jeans is not the easies - but do able - this was the longest part of the project. Mom had flannel for me to use for the backing (thanks Mom for the donation to this project - gotta love a mother-in-law with her very own room filled with material!) - there is no padding needed - so this project's only cost was the time to put it together. Snipping the seams with very sharp clippers (which I borrowed from Aunt Judy) and running the quilt through the washer and dryer fluffs up the seams which gives the quilt it's unique look.

Now Tyler can snuggle up on a cold winter night in his very own quilt - and if his little sister and brother wants one too - I have plenty of jeans left to make them one -- perhaps that will be a great idea for them for next Christmas! hmmmm....I think I'm adding it to Santa's list ;-)

Now on to Christmas project #3...

No comments: