Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Secret Pork Chops

I can not believe we are almost to the end of February. Where has time flown to? Spring should be here any minute now...right? Yep....any minute....lol.

I have a few recipes that I have developed over time, and I've been wanting to share with you my secret pork chop recipe (which after I publish this...I guess I will need to changed that name...lol). I've made these juice chops for lots of company and everyone loves them. They are dressy enough for company, but easy enough for a family dinner.

Theresa's Honey Mustard Pork Chops (much better name....lol)

4 - thick cut (bone-in) pork chops

Honey/Mustard Mixture:

Mix together
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup stone-ground mustard.
If it's too thick, add a drop or two of water.

Breading:

Mix together
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 Tablespoons Bisquick
1/4 cup of chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons of parsley flakes
1 teaspoon of paprika (I like to use the smoked paprika - if you have the regular that will work too.)
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Dip pork chops in the honey/mustard (both sides) then into the breading. Being careful to maintain the breading, brown the chops on top of the stove in 2 tablespoons of butter (both sides). Transfer chops to a baking dish, cover. Place in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour - or until the internal temp of the chops is at 160 degrees. Remove from oven and allow the chops to sit for 10 - 15 minutes.

Transfer to your serving platter, try to not disturb breading.

Enjoy!

I like to serve these with oven roasted yams/sweet potatoes and fresh green beans.

No comments: