Monday, February 22, 2010

Sides for the Porkchops

When I was typing up my pork chops recipe...I thought I should share with you the sides that I mentioned at the end:

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

2 Sweet potatoes, cubed
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning. Transfer to a cookie sheet and spread out in a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring the potatoes about halve way.

Variation: I sometimes like to add garlic to the sweet potatoes as I mix them with the oil and seasoning. Another variation would be to also mix in regular potatoes - I like to use the fingerling potatoes or the gem potatoes - keep the cooking time the same.


Green Beans with Almonds

1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 sliced almonds

Steam the beans for 10 - 15 minutes (until tender, but still crispy). Melt butter in a skillet, add steamed beans and almonds - stir until beans begin to brown.

For a variation: you can also add onions to the butter, cook until translucent then add the beans and almonds.

Enjoy!!

No comments: