Thursday, June 11, 2009

Moving On

Dear Bloggers -
As many of you know, when I returned home from my beautiful Italian Vacation, on my first day back to work (actually within the first 45 minutes) was I told that my position at work was being eliminated. I would work until June 26th and then be done. This was just a major shock to me to say the least. And because of this sudden change in my life, I did not get back to my blog to let everyone know that we had returned home ok...which we did. I will work to post some more pictures as the summer goes along...between Vanessa and I we had over 1600 pictures! Lots to pick from.

It appears that most want us to travel to Ireland in 2011, which is very exciting. I've been doing some research and found you can actually stay in castles there...would that not be too much fun!!

Now, for my summer plans. Bill and I bought this wonderful house last summer. It was too late in the season to really do anything with the flower beds, plus I was neck deep in school work. I planted tulips and daffodils in the fall and was planning on doing more gardening when I came home from Italy. After doing some research, we decided to build a raised bed vegetable garden. They are easier to maintain and they look pretty. We had a large area in our back yard plowed up for the garden and decided to build 2 beds and just plant the back area this year. This leaves us room to build either one large bed or 2 smaller ones for next year (they are not cheap to build or fill). Bill had the bed frames built when I got home and over Memorial day weekend I filled them with dirt, peat, and more dirt.

Now that I am going to have even more time on my hands this summer than expected, I am going to really make this a summer project to see what I can grow along with blogging and keeping you all up on my successes and not-so-successes.

Soooo....let the summer gardens project begin!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to visit and see all of the progress!
Vanessa