Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rabbits...part 2

I did some research last night (what did we do before Goggle?) and found a suggestion of using "used" kitty litter around the garden really helps with keeping the rabbits at bay, though almost everyone said a fence was the only main hope. I guess after seeing these comments, I am glad we put the money into the fence... so, back to the kitty litter idea. Since I have 2 kitties who love to use their litter boxes - I have an unending supply of "used" kitty litter. I visited the litter boxes last night and acquired some "used" litter and promptly scattered it around my flower beds and along the outside of the fenced in vegetable garden. So far (knock on wood) I have not seen a rabbit around my flowers or the garden. There just was a big fat bunny sitting in the middle of the yard (which I don't mind them eating grass and clover), but he hopped off through the bushes - perhaps he knew he was being watch...hmmm. I'll keep you updated if this works. I do have one question, since it rained all day do I need to re-scatter fresh "used" litter...is that an oxymoron? Time will tell.

No comments: