Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another Crowd Pleaser

Having company? Looking for an easy recipe to make a fabulous dessert?

Here is a cake that will bring you rave reviews without a lot of work or a dirty kitchen. I found this recipe last week too when I was looking through the stacks of cards I have from long ago. I really need to get those organized...and share more with you. Still have all of my mom's cards to look through.

Applesauce Nut Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (3 3/4oz.) vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
1 1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
powder sugar for dusting

Mix all ingredients with a fork in an ungreased 13 x 9 pan, making sure to scrape corners, for 1 minute. Scrape sides of the pan with a spatula and even batter in the pan.

Bake at 350 degrees 35 - 40 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched.

Dust with powder sugar.

I just love those mix in the pan cakes - not much clean up! Would be great served with cinnamon ice cream.

Enjoy!

No comments: