Saturday, January 16, 2010

Random Recipe Week

Welcome to "Random Recipe Week". I thought it would be fun to stir things up (stir things up...get it....ha ha...) Ok, I've had my moment...

I've pulled random recipes out of my mom's card file to share. I think I've found some wonderful choices.

So....let's get the party started....

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 cup butter - soften
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1 - 12oz pkg. butterscotch chips


Beat together butter and sugar. Add on egg at a time, vanilla and water.

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Add the dry ingredients to butter/sugar/egg mixture in three additions - mixing well between additions.

Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.

Drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -12 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments: