Friday, February 21, 2014

Less than 2 weeks to start

I can not believe Lent starts in less than 2 weeks - boy am I ready to start my Lenten project.  In fact I've decided to start early.  I've been looking at everything in my home with a new eye, questioning myself - do I really need that item for my life.  How can I organize things better to make my life easier?  By cleaning things out I will save time in cleaning, organizing, having to go through when I can't find something. 

I would like to redo my Mary Kay office - but I have a ton of stuff in there that I don't really need.  For example - I have this little cabinet to hold shoes - do I put shoes in it?  No, not really - it has a few pairs - but nothing I really wear -- so that will be one thing to go along with most of the items inside it.  I have my mother's sewing table with the sewing machine that folds down inside.  I don't use the table at all - when I sew - I put my sewing machine on the dining room table -- so, do I really need this sewing table - no, am I ready to let go of it - I'm not sure. 

Family items seem to be the hardest of items to let go of.  Some are very useful - I have a pie safe that was my Great-Grandmother Benson's - I just love this cabinet and I use it to store my holiday dishes and glassware.  Other items are just hear, hanging around the house - or I have them packed away.

I've found this truly to be a good exercise already.

No comments: