Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My First Letting Go

I just could not wait....

I started giving items away - the opportunity presented itself - so, I took it as a sign it was ok to begin before Lent.

I had taken a lot of items out of my Mary Kay office to straighten it out.  One of the items is a lovely wicker hamper.  I had not looking inside the hamper in ages.  When I took it out of the room - I looked inside and found several sets of sheets and shoes.  I think I had placed them in there when we moved into our house -- 5 years ago!!  Seeing these sheets reminded me of other sets I had in the linen closet we were no longer using. 

I have been researching places to make donations to so that I would be able to give my items to the right organization.  I was not sure what to do with the sheets, so I posted on FaceBook asking if anyone knew of where I could donate used sheets -- and received excellent ideas -- one seemed to struck me the most.  One of my Mary Kay sisters noted that her family was working on a project looking for bedding and towels to donate to the children and Family Services in Mississippi.  Our Mary Kay weekly meeting was coming up the very next day - it could not have worked out better.  I filled two grocery bags and put them in her trunk at the the meeting.

 One of my husbands cousins also noted in my post, she was looking for a set of queen sheets - and in our linen closet was a very nice set that I was using when I met my husband - they were cream with eyelet lace.  Well, my husband told me he was hoping I would find a set of sheets what was not so feminine hence why the sheets were in my linen closet not being used.  I met with my husband's cousin and gave her the sheets. 

I have to admit - it felt pretty good to let go of a few items and know that others will enjoy them.

Now, what to give away next....

No comments: