Friday, February 28, 2014

Donation Number Two...Check!

My second opportunity came at the same time as the sheets that I gave away.

Last year one of my Mary Kay Directors asked for donations of samples, shampoo from hotels, etc for a friend of hers that work with a women shelter.  So keeping this in mind last summer I gathered all the shampoos, soaps, body lotions in the hotels that I visited.  I brought these home and put them in the cupboard for the next request.  Now that I had in mind to clean items out - I came across these items along with several toothbrushes and toothpaste we have received from our dentist during the past year.  I emailed my MK Director to ask if she thought her friend would be collecting again.  She contacted her friend and got the response that YES she would love the donation to use for gifts for the girls in the Juvenile Detention Center.  I quickly packed them all up to donate.

I found the key for me is once I have a place arranged to donate - I need to do it right away.  I am such a procrastinator, I know if I leave time in between - the items would never get donated.  This could explain why there is so much stuff to clean out.

My goal here is to detach myself from all of the "stuff" in my life so that I can put that focus on my relationship with God.  This also gives me a chance to bless others.  Right now I am finding items I can easily give away - I know as I move along - the choices will begin to be more challenging.  And that is one of the reasons I wanted to blog about my progress - you are helping me stay accountable and encouraged. 

I think I will work on my stacks of books next.  If you know of anyone who like lighthearted mysteries - let me know I have a ton of them. 
 

No comments: