Monday, April 7, 2014

Back from My Long Weekend

I had such a marvelous time this past weekend!!

If you ever had a dear friend who if you were any closer to, you would be twins, you can pick-up a conversation as if you just left off - even if it's been a couple of weeks since you talked and you know when the other just needs you to just "be there" for them - even if they don't say a word.  You know what type of friends I am talking about.  I have been blessed with two very special friends.  These women are in every since of the word - my sisters - God just forgot to make us siblings.  I was blessed to spend time with both my friends.

And it was my Granddaughter's 8th Birthday. One of my friends have Granddaughters the same age - so we took all three girls out for the day on Saturday.  We started at a Bead Store which had a place where the girls actually had the opportunity to make a bracelet and the staff finished the ends which allowed the girls to leave with a completed project.  We then had lunch at a cute Irish Pub (though their Irish Stew was nothing like we had in Ireland) and late we visited a park so we could get some fun pictures.  It truly was a wonderful day!

I also went shopping!! Suprise, Suprise...lol.   And so I need to let go of some items for the new ones I brought home.

To start - I bought a new purse - yes, I know, this is an issue for me - but I really truly, truly  really needed it. (Did that sound convincing? lol)  So I am letting go of one of the ones I had held on to.  This blue bag was nice, it was great for a quick day out, but for my every day bag, I could not seem to really organize it well - so I am letting go.


Then I bought a new DVD -- I glanced through our collection - and picked two to give up.  I started a while back with my Sister-in-laws and Mother-in-law to have a "Girl's Movie Night".  We have a quick dinner and then gather in the living-room to watch a movie - girls only (Love you dear - but you are a boy)!  We have been wanting to see "Saving Mr. Banks", I saw it while we were out and about, so I picked it up for our next movie night.


I still have some items that need to go back into the linden closet - I saw this clothes steamer in the pile.  Who steams clothes on vacation - REALLY?! lol  I think it was one of those items where I saw someone had one and thought - "that's cool" and - "that would be really handy" - I just had to have one -- I believe I only took it once or twice on a trip -- and I don't think I ever used it -- I've had it for many, many years -- taking up space -- time to go.


Last - I took a look at my closet again -- I found 2 skirts that I do not believe I wore at all (or very little) this past winter -- they are going in the pile for the Women's Resource Center.

These items should catch me up from the days I missed while I was away.

I did use the time to reflect on my project (I had a little over 3 hours of driving - both ways - great thinking time).  One think I thought about was how much I felt blessed by being able to spend time with my family -- and how by letting go of items -- actually could free me to spend more time with those I love -- both at home in Michigan and in Ohio; not to mention more time for prayer.  The more STUFF you have to clean, organize, worry about -- is time away from something or someone important.  Releasing these items, releases me from the bondage they create in my life.  Now, I know, these few items do not make a difference - on their own - but just think how these few items have grown into large piles of items I have let go over the past few weeks.  I have only a few days left for my project - I cannot believe next week is Holy Week already!


No comments: