Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Treasures in a New Drawer

I decided tonight to start in a new drawer for my Letting Go project.

I have this lovely pie safe (which is a cupboard with punched tin in the front doors - a very long time ago they use to store pies and baked goods in the cabinet - the punched tin would allow the baked goods to have air to cool while keeping the bugs - and I suppose hunger kids and husbands from getting to goodies).  I the received the pie safe when my Grandmother passed away several years ago, I know it also belonged to my Great Grandmother and possibly my Great-Great Grandmother. Really cool - huh!

 When I got it - it was covered in paint which I carefully striped off and finished it with it's natural wood color.  I store my holiday dishes and glassware here along with several of my glass serving pieces.

There is also a drawer in the cabinet, which for some reason has always been a catch all for lots of little things that I didn't know what to do with.  AKA stuff that I could not just throw away - moved most of it several times.

 I pulled some of the stuff in the drawer out - I think I will have several days worth here...  There is so much little items - I am going to do them in batches as each batch a single Letting Go.  Tonight's Letting Go is a jumble of items, there is a bracelet, a magnet, a little heart welcome sign, and the TV antenna  thingie (yes, I know it's not a real word, but I am still going with it - sorry to all my English Teachers)  that I think belonged to a TV I had about 15 years ago. Everything except the thingie is going into the garage sale, the thingie it self is going into the trash.

No comments: