Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Curl from the Past

To finish off my 80's look - I found my old perm curlers in the bathroom cabinet -- definitely will not be using these -- I was surprised to find them, I thought I had got rid of them years ago - but I guess not. I must have moved these two about 6 or 7 times.  More proof I really needed this Lenten Project.

They do remind me of when I was a child (I know I am going to date myself) - I remember every year before school started - my Mom would give me a Toni Perm.  I was always sooooo embarrassed by my curly hair - but now that I think of it - all my friends had the same thing.  

And of course curly hair was all the rage in the 80's -- I have a picture of my son and me -- I have those lovely red framed glasses from yesterday and a mass of permed hair - so funny.  I should scan the picture for Throw Back Thursday on Facebook some day....lol.

Well, I am not sure what I will do with them - wondering - could Goodwill use them or should I just throw them in the trash?  Hummm and I wonder if they are recycle-able - they are plastic?  If anyone knows, please leave a comment.

Update -- I just checked on Ebay -- would you believe people are buying these -- so I think I will put them up for sale -- could add to my Retreat Fund.


No comments: