Saturday, March 8, 2014

I'm giving it a lot of Sole!

You may recall - the other day when I gave the sheets away, I noted I had found them in a wicker hamper that also contained some shoes.  Today, I pulled out all those shoes -- 12 pairs and 1 flip flop.  Two pairs should have been thrown away when I packed them - but they were my favorites at the time and I could not get myself to let go of them - but now I am -- they are in the trash.  2 pair are going directly to Goodwill and the rest are set aside for the garage sale.  If they don't sell - I will take them to the Women Resource Center where I took the suits.  I went to see if I could find the match to the flip flop - as I was looking I bent the flip flop a little and it broke right in half!  Need-less-to-say it's in the trash too and if I can find it's match it will make it into the trash before trash day.  The slippers that in the front of the picture are white and not very clean - I'm going to try to wash them - if they don't come out ok - I guess it will be curtains for them too - otherwise they will go into the garage sale.

You might be wondering why am I giving away all my office clothes.  I am working as an Accounting Manager for a small manufacturer in Walker (for those who don't live in the area - Walker is just West of Grand Rapids - and is about 10 minutes from our home).  We make the cedar planks that restaurants use to grill fish and meat. They are also sold to Target and Meijers.  I wear jeans every day.  One because we are a very casual office, but also since the shop is right outside my door, there is a lot of dust. The owner brings his Boxer (Rosie) to work.  She loves to sleep under my desk and keeps me company.  Most days I come home with saw dust on my shoes and a paw print or two on my jeans.  I'm loving it!

No comments: