Monday, March 17, 2014

The Luck of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In honor of my Irish Ancestors, I wanted to share a very special prayer from the Breastplate of St. Patrick:

Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
so that there may come to me abundance of reward.
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.


This prayer has meant so much to me, it reminds me how Christ is all around me and in everyone that I meet.  May I always remember to keep this in mind in how I treat others.

Today I choose to begin going through the top drawers of my dresser.  I've hidden all kinds of little treasures in them - holding on to them for just in case I may need something.  There are items I need to keep, but most I will need to really ask myself - is this something I really need in my life, or just something that is cluttering my life.  I bet I will find enough items to let go of to last a week or more in these drawers -- lol. 

 I am letting go of these wallets -- I am not sure why I have hung on to them, I never reuse a wallet for some reason - it's time to pass them on to someone else who will enjoy them.  They are going into the garage sale box.  I really need to move this box to the basement - it is pretty full and taking up too much room in my office.  Who knows, once I have it moved, I may even discover other items in my office to let go.


No comments: