Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Silly Things we Keep!!

Today's letting go is a perfect example of what this project is all about...

In my dresser drawer I found the bags that I was keeping from my Master Graduation cap and tassel when I graduated in 2009.  Just the bags...lol  I have my cap, tassel and gown packed away with other mementos from that day - so why was I keeping the bags in my dresser drawer?  Who know, but it is a perfect example of some of the little things I hold on to - for the memories.  I will never forget that day, I surely don't need the bags to keep the memories.  So, into the trash they go.

I am so happy I started this project - it has really made me take a long hard look at what I have around me, and why I have them.  I keep thinking of the man who Jesus told to sell all he has and give the money to poor and come follow him, the man went away sad because he had many possessions.  I ask myself, would I be able to give everything up and follow Christ if I was the person Jesus was talking to.  Well the truth is He is talking to me, He may not be asking me to sell all my things and give the money to the poor - but He is asking me to follow Him without all the "stuff" of this world.

No comments: