Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Closet Cleaning

 The author of Blessed by Less gave her items away by category - shirts, skirts, sweaters, etc.  I think for me it will be better to work by location.  I've started on the messy closet in my office.  As you can see lots of clothes and purses.  I've bagged up most of the clothes.  This was my overflow area and where I kept my good dresses for our fancier nights at Mary Kay Seminar.  I looked at the overflow items and there really wasn't anything there that I've worn in the past couple of years - so all of that is going.  As far as my fancy dresses - there was one that I don't wear - it's now in the bag.  I'm dropping them off at Good Will on Friday.  The balance of the dresses can be relocated into our cedar closet in the basement - it is a better place to store them anyways.

The purses will be another job - I LOVE purses -- I have several favorites in there and a few I like - but I will need to determine if I really truly use them.  I am predicting this is going to be challenging.

What you can't see is to the left is a BIG pile of fabrics from various projects - does anyone know of a good place to donate fabrics - they are all left overs so it is a few pieces here or a yard there -- and Jean and Jan you don't have to worry - none of it will go to Mom...lol.

The good news is once I have the closet better organized, perhaps I can use it more productively.

No comments: